Here is the second webquest assignment.
BIOMOLECULES Webquest – The Polymers of Life
Visit these sites and answer the following questions on a separate piece of paper. Leave a space between the answers. Do not write the questions.
1. Describe the shape and bond types of proteins
2. What happens to proteins when heated?
CLICK STEP THROUGH AND PLAY “FRYING EGGS”
1. Write down the components of egg white and egg yolk
2. Describe the proteins in an uncooked egg. Draw the protein and the bonds
3. Explain what happens when the egg is cooked
4. Take the quiz and write the answers you gave
1. What are carbohydrates and how are they classified?
2. What is a monosaccharide? Give examples
3. Draw the ring structural formula of glucose
4. Draw the linear structural formula of glucose
5. What is deoxyribose? Draw the ring formula
6. What are disaccharides? Give examples
7. What happens during the dehydration synthesis? Look at the figure
8. What is a polysaccharide? Give and explain the two examples given
- What is a lipid? Examples?
- What are neutral fats?
- What are saturated fats? Examples
- What are fats made up of?
- What are unsaturated fats? Examples
- What are phospholipids?
- Draw and label a phospholipids
- Define Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic
- Define Cholesterol
- Draw and label a cell membrane
- Summarize the video. Explain the structure of nucleotides, what they are, how they are arranged, what they are composed of, etc…
- Cell or plasma membranes are composed of lipids, carbohydrates, cholesterol, and proteins (plus others). Draw a cell or plasma membrane. Label these biomolecules.
- Draw and label a phospolipid.